- Granite is a natural stone that is prized for its durability, heat resistance, and unique beauty. It is formed from molten magma deep beneath the earth’s surface, and its hardness and density make it highly resistant to scratches, stains, and heat. Due to its durability and timeless appeal, granite remains a popular choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops, as well as other interior and exterior applications.
- Quartzite is a natural stone known for its durability and elegant appearance. It’s formed from sandstone that has been subjected to high heat and pressure, resulting in a hard, dense material that’s highly resistant to scratches, stains, and heat. It’s a popular choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops, as well as other interior and exterior applications. While it requires some maintenance, many people appreciate its unique blend of strength and beauty.
- Marble is a natural stone with distinctive veining and patterns, renowned for its elegance and beauty. While softer than some other stones, it’s commonly used for countertops, flooring, and accents in a range of colors and finishes. Careful maintenance is required to preserve its appearance.
- Soapstone is a natural stone known for its soft, smooth texture and unique appearance. It’s highly heat-resistant and non-porous, making it ideal for kitchen countertops and sinks. While it may scratch and develop a patina over time, many people appreciate the natural character that soapstone develops with use.
- Calcite is a mineral with a distinctive crystal structure, available in slabs for countertops. It features unique patterns and a glossy finish, but may require careful maintenance due to its softness and susceptibility to etching. Its natural beauty and unique character make it a popular choice for those seeking an elegant and distinctive look.
- Dolomite is a mineral composed of calcium magnesium carbonate, known for its distinctive crystal structure and subtle beauty. While it’s relatively soft and susceptible to scratches and etching, it can be polished to a high shine and is a popular choice for countertops, flooring, and other interior and exterior applications.
- Onyx is a rare and exotic stone with translucent layers and vibrant hues, making it a popular choice for luxurious and unique countertops. It requires delicate care and maintenance due to its softness and porosity, but the stunning visual impact is worth the effort.
To keep natural stones looking their best, it’s important to take proper care of them. This includes avoiding harsh chemicals, using gentle cleaners, and wiping up spills promptly. Sealing the stones regularly can also help to protect them from stains and damage. Additionally, avoiding excessive heat or pressure and using protective pads under heavy items can help to prevent scratches and chips. With proper care, natural stones can last for many years and retain their beaty and value.